FAQ

Web Design Questions

faq-business-in-calgaryHow long does it take to build a website and what is required on my end?

How much does it cost to build a website on average?

Do you require a down payment and/or do you offer financing plans?

Am I able to update my website myself and if so is training provided?

Am I able to use my own domain name and hosting services when you develop my website?

Am I the sole owner of my website once it is complete and payment is made?

How to ensure my website is secure from hackers and internet spam?

Can you get my website on the first page of Google for my desired keywords?

For graphic design material do you provide printing services as well?

How much do search engine optimization services cost and it is a monthly fee?

What is your refund policy if I am not fully satisfied with your services?

 


 

How long a website takes to build depends on the size and scope of the project at hand. On average we recommend 6-8 weeks to develop a website properly from start to finish. Clients may be required to provide us with certain materials such as photos, text for each page and other files as needed. They will also need to be available for feedback on each stage of the project.

Back to top>>

The cost of a website is kind of like buying a car or house. The price varies greatly depending on your needs and budget available. Startup websites may cost around $1000 whereas bigger business websites range between $2000-$5000 on average. A website’s price is determined by the number of pages, features or functionality required and the estimated number of hours needed to complete the job. Typically we’ll establish a budget our clients are comfortable with and show them their best options for that price.

Back to top>>

Normally we require a down payment of 30% for any website project with the remaining 70% paid upon completion. Should our clients prefer a financing arrangement instead however we are pretty flexible. Please note any down payment is non-refundable for time and serviced rendered by our company. 

Back to top>>

Yes any website we create can be updated by our clients with software required. These updates are usually limited to text, pictures and blog posts not the actual design or framework of the site. We do provide basic training on updates free of charge as part of our service. Should our clients require more help however additional training sessions can be booked for an hourly fee.

Back to top>>

faq-web-design-questionsYes if you’ve purchased your domain name and/or hosting services elsewhere (such as Godaddy, Hostgator, Bluehost) we will work with whatever options you provide. Please be aware that any technical support we may need to conduct through these companies may be an additional charge. We also offer our own hosting packages where setup and ongoing technical support is free.

Back to top>>

Once a website is complete and payment is made in full our clients become sole owners afterward. Advance however retains the right to feature our company link the bottom footer of any website we create and to feature any work we create in our portfolio or other marketing uses. We also require access to website login passwords and FTP information should their be any technical issues we are required to fix.

Back to top>>

Security is always a major issue when it comes to websites and no site is ever 100% unhackable. We recommend our clients invest in SSL certificates for the best secure connection. We are also able to install various spam and hacking plugins to our client’s websites for maximum protection. Please note certain security features are an additional cost on top of web development costs.

Back to top>>

Getting your website on the first page of Google is no easy task. Advance offers various SEO (search engine optimization) services at a monthly fee for clients looking to boost their search results. Although we have had success in the past with many client websites results unfortunately are not guaranteed even by the best SEO professionals.

Back to top>>

Yes we do! Along with designing graphic materials such as business cards, flyers, posters, brochures ect. we can have these printed for you as well. We use either the services of Vista print or one of our affiliate print companies in Calgary depending on your budget and preference. Just an FYI we even deliver, free for clients within a 2km radius. 

Back to top>>

SEO services vary in cost based on couple of factors. These include the desired keywords you are looking to attain and the amount of competition for these keywords on the internet. Advance offers various packages with the average rate being about $1.000/month.

Back to top>>

For larger web design projects both Advance and out clients will sign a project agreement form. This form covers how refund policies work in detail.

Back to top>>